Happy Sunday, readers!!
Week Six Recap
This week we read Combat with Apollyon and Christian Overtakes Faithful.
- Christian is said to “despair of life” in his battle with Apollyon. Read Micah chapter 7 and 2 Corinthians chapter 1 to discuss parallels.
- While journeying through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, Christian is made glad for
three reasons. What were these three reasons?
- Why is it comforting enough to “fear no evil” because “Thou art with me?” What character traits of God make Him far more comforting to be with than another human?
- Faithful tells Christian that “there were, as I said, a great talk thereabout, yet I do not think they did firmly believe it.” How is this similar to the world’s culture regarding Christianity?
- What were some of the other difficulties Faithful recounted to Christian? Do you face
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans 8:37-39 ESV